Sunday 16 January 2011

EGYPT: Egyptians, if you failed to be Egyptians, be tunicians. We're all Arabs afterall.

Two days ago my sister sent me this great poet and I posted it immediatly without translation (which I can't do)
Today i found it translated by brother  Aadel M Al-Mahdy

TheNakedTruthInAConfusedWorld


Visa Poem







The Poet of the Tunisian Revolution


"Itha ash-Shaabu yawman Aradal Hayat Fala budda ay yastajeebal Qadar"
 
إذا الشعب يوماً أراد الحيـاة فلا بدّ أن يستجيب القدر
ولا بدّ للـيل أن ينجلي ولا بدّ للقيد أن ينكسـر
ومن لم يُعانــقه شوق الحيــاة تبخّر في جوّهـا واندثــر


 Translation: By Angry Arab
"If the people will to live, providence is destined to respond;
and night is destined to fold, and the chains are certain to be broken;
and he who has not embraced by the love of life, will evaporate in its atmosphere and disappear."



قصيدة التاشيرة

أسبِّح باسمك اللهُ
وليس سواكَ أخشاهُ
وأعلَمُ أن لي قدراً سألقاهُ. سألقاه
......وقد عُلِّمتُ في صغري بأن عروبتي شرفي وناصيتي وعنواني
وكنا في مدارسنا نردد بعضَ الحانِ
"بلاد العُرب أوطاني .. وكل العرب أخواني"

وكنا نرسمُ العربيَّ ممشوقاً بهامتِه
لَهُ صدرٌ يصدُّ الريحَ إذ تعوي .. مهاباً في عباءته
وكنا مَحْضَ أطفالٍ تحرّكنا مشاعرُنا
ونسْرحُ في الحكايات التي تروي بطولتَنا
وأن بلادنا تمتد من أقصى إلى أقصى
وأن حروبنا كانت لأجْل المسجدِ الأقصى
وأن عدوَّنا صهيونَ شيطانٌ له ذيلُ
وأن جيوش أمتِنا لها فعلٌ كما السّيلُ

سأُبحرُ عندما أكبرْ
أمرُّ بشاطئ البحرين في ليبيا
وأجني التمرَ من بغدادَ في سوريا
وأعبر من موريتانيا إلى السودان
أسافر عبْر مقديشيو إلى لبنان
وكنتُ أخبئ الألحان في صدري ووجداني
"بلاد العُرْب أوطاني .. وكل العرب أخواني"
وحين كبرتُ .. لم أحصلْ على تأشيرةٍ للبحر .. لم أُبحرْ
وأوقفني جوازٌ غيرُ مختومٍ على الشباك .. لم أعبرْ
كبُرتُ أنا وهذا الطفل لم يكبرْ

تقاتِلُنا طفولتُنا
وأفكارٌ تعلَّمنا مبادءَها على يدِكم أيا حكامَ أمتِنا
ألستم من نشأنا في مدارسكم ؟
تعلَّمنا مناهجَكم
ألستم من تعلمنا على يدكم بأن الثعلبَ المكارَ منتظِرٌ سيأكل نعجةَ الحمقى إذا للنوم ما خَلَدُوا ؟
ألستم من تعلمنا على يدكم بأن العودَ محميٌّ بحزمته ضعيفٌ حين ينفرد ؟
لماذا الفُرقةُ الحمقاءُ تحكمُنا ؟
ألستم من تعلمنا على يدكم أن اعتصموا بحبل الله واتحدوا ؟
لماذا تحجبون الشمسَ بالأَعلام؟
تقاسمتم عروبتَنا ودَخَلاً بينكم صِرنا كما الأنعام
سيبقى الطفل في صدري يعاديكم
تقسمنا على يدكم فتبت كل أيديكم

أنا العربيُّ لا أخجلْ
وُلِدتُ بتونسَ الخضراءِ من أصلٍ عُمَانيٍّ وعُمري زادَ عن ألفٍ وأمي لم تزل تحبَلْ
أنا العربي في بغدادَ لي نخلٌ وفي السودانِ شرياني
انا مصريُّ موريتانيا وجيبوتي وعَمَّانِ
مسيحيٌّ وسني وشيعي وكردي وعلوي ودرزي .. أنا لا أحفظُ الأسماءَ والحكامَ إذ ترحلْ
سَئِمنا من تشتُتِنا وكلُّ الناسِ تتكتّل
ملأتُمْ دينَنَا كذباً وتزويراً وتأليفا
أتجمعنا يدُ الله ؟ وتبعدنا يد (الفيفا) ؟؟
هجرْنا دينَنا عَمْدا فَعُدنا الأَوْسَ والخزرج
ونعبدُ نارَ فتنتِنا وننتظرُ الغبا مَخرج

أيا حكامَ أمتنا
سيبقى الطفلُ في صدري يعاديكم
يقاضيكم
ويعلنُ شعبَنا العربيَّ مُتَّحِدا
فلا السودانُ منقسمٌ ولا الجولانُ محتَلٌّ ولا لبنانُ منكسر يداوي الجرحَ منفردا
سيجمعُ لؤلؤاتِ خليجِنا العربيِّ في السودان يزرعُها فيَنبتُ حبُّها في المغربِ العربيِّ قمحاً يعصُرون الناسُ زيتاً في فلسطينَ الأبيّةِ يشربون الأهلُ في الصومال أبدا
سيُشعلُ من جزائرِنا مشاعلَ ما لها وهنُ
إذا صنعاءُ تشكونا فكلُّ بلادِنا يمنُ
سيخرجُ من عباءتِكم – رعاها الله – للجمهور مُتَّقِدا
هو الجمهورُ لا أنتم
أتسمعني جحافلُكم ؟
أتسمعني دواوينُ المعاقلِ في حكومتِكم ؟
هو الجمهور لا أنتم ولا يخشى لكم أحدا
هو الإسلام لا أنتم فكفّوا عن تجارتكم وإلا صار مرتدا
وخافوا .. إن هذا الشعبَ حمَّال
وإن النوقَ إن صُرِمَتْ فلن تجدوا لها لبناً ولن تجدوا لها ولدا
أحذِّرُكم .. سنبقى رغم فتنتِكم فهذا الشعبُ موصولُ
حبائلُكم وإن ضَعُفَتْ فحبلُ اللهِ مفتولُ

أنا باقٍ .. وشرعي في الهوى باقِ
سُقِينا الذلَّ أوعية .. سُقينا الجهلَ أدعية
ملَلْنا السقْيَ والساقي
سأكبرُ تاركاً للطفل فرشاتي وألواني
ويبقَى يرسم العربيَّ ممشوقا بهامته ويبقى صوتُ ألحاني
 بلاد العرب أوطاني .. وكل العرب أخواني




A citation
Whenever I attempt to translate something; prose or poetry, a statement always ring into my ears: "Translation is always a betrayal of the original text". Words have various shadows and are influenced by the culture, environment, geography, costumes and norms where words are born. We make the words, and also words make us.

Translation of poetry is a very difficult task.. I hope I have conveyed what the poet meant to say without oversighting anything.I have not used any dictionary. Hence the translation is on-the-go attempt. The poem is very long and I have just translated most of it.

Translation


Visa Poet

Oh Lord, I praise thy name
Thou only I do fear
And I know that (one day) I’ll meet my destiny
In my childhood, I have been taught that being an Arab is my honor, my direction and my address
At schools, we used to frequently sing some tunes
“All Arab lands are my home, and all Arabs are my brethren”

We drew an Arab (a man) standing with his head held up;
His chest blocking the howling winds, and in his cloak, he’s feared.
We were mere children responsive to our feelings,
Finding ourselves in the stories of our heroism
(We knew) that our land stretched from far-away to far-away
And that our wars were for (liberating) Al-Aqsa Mosque
And that our enemy; Zionism, is a devil with a tail
And that the armies of our nation are as mighty as floods

 When I grow up, I'll sail
To Bahrain’s cost in Libya
I’ll reap Baghdad’s dates in Syria
And in Mauritania I’ll cross over to the Sudan
I’ll travel across Mugidesio to Lebanon
I have hidden these tunes in my chest and my conscious
“All Arab lands are my home, and all Arabs are my brethren”

But when I grew up, I failed to obtain my naval visa. Hence I sailed not
My passport unstamped with the visa stopped me. Hence I crossed not
I have grown up, but this child (inside me) hasn’t

A struggle is afoot between us and our childhood
And thoughts given to us O rulers of the nation
Aren’t you the ones who taught us at your schools?
We learned your curriculum
Haven’t you taught us that the cunning fox is lying in wait  to eat the fools’ sheep if they fall asleep?
Haven’t you taught us that the stick separated from the bundle will become weak?
Why then foolish divisions has become ruling us?
Haven’t you taught us to hold firm on the rope of Allah and unite?
Why are you masking the Sun with your propaganda?
Why are you, Arabs, divided causing us to be (nothing but) cattle
The child in me will remain you enemy
Your hands have created the division..may these hand perish!

 I am an Arab and I am not ashamed to be one
I was born in green Tunisia, my roots are from Oman. I am a thousand years old and my mother is still able to carry (children)
I am an Arab whose palm-trees are in Baghdad, and in Sudan run my arteries.
I am an Egyptian of Mauritania, of Djibouti and of Oman
I am Christian, Sunni, Shiite; Kurdish; Alawi and Durzii wherever I go. (Pardon me) I don’t remember all names and ruler’s names
We’re fed up of our division while other people are united

………………………


Posted by Aadel M Al-Mahdy at 9:06 PM
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you brothers and sisters. We all fight against injustice.