Saturday 29 January 2011

Mubarak's speech

You may compare this speech by Mubarak to the last speech by Bin `Ali. It just made things worse.
He talked as if the people are merely blaming prime minister Nadhif for their misery. How dictators fight to the last second.
I personally think that Mubarak probably would have surrendered power today but the US pushed him to stay in power.
I am speculating but I have a feeling I am right. I received information that the US is trying to install the Egyptian Army's chief-of-staff as the new leader.

Posted by As'ad at 2:30 PM


Obama and Mubarak


Here, Obama is pressing Mubarak on Human Rights. (thanks Carlos)Posted by As'ad at 4:52 PM
Fitting

Egyptian Army's chief-of-staff interrupted his visit to Washington, DC and returned to Egypt.  The US government has asked him to report for duty.  (thanks Joseph)

Posted by As'ad at 3:57 PM

I received this message about Egypt
The source wants to stay anonymous but I cant evaluate the credibility of the source:  "A source from within the Presidential Guard has claimed to my friends in Cairo that the army intends to end the protests on Sunday, by any means necessary even if it meant violence and bloodshed. Junta goons are causing chaos in Cairo to claim an unstable situation which will extend until Saturday. Then under the guise of bringing back order, they will "crush them with any amount of force needed!". The sources are unsure of the American role but believe the Americans will go with it."
Posted by As'ad at 5:14 PM


Hillary Clinton on Mubarak

""I really consider President and Mrs. Mubarak to be friends of my family. So I hope to see him often here in Egypt and in the United States."" (thanks Kanwal)
Posted by As'ad at 5:12 PM

Bush on Mubarak
"Our friendship is strong. It's a cornerstone of -- one of the main cornerstones of our policy in this region, and it's based on our shared commitment to peace, security and prosperity.  I appreciate the opportunity, Mr. President, to give you an update on my trip. And I appreciate the advice you've given me. You've seen a lot in your years as President; you've got a great deal of experience, and I appreciate you feeling comfortable in sharing that experience once again with me.  I really appreciate Egypt's support in the war on terror." (thanks Nour)

Posted by As'ad at 2:57 PM

Elliott Abrams has one worry about Egypt:

"For Egypt, there is one worry: Mr. Mubarak's health."  He then adds:  "At stake in the succession crisis in Egypt is not simply who will rule the country, but whether a new president will maintain Egypt's chilly but reliable peace with Israel. Here too there are shared enemies, in this case Hamas and other Palestinian radical and terrorist groups; Israel and Egypt have maintained together (though with Israel shouldering 99% of the blame) a blockade on Gaza since the Hamas coup there in 2007.   The Egyptian regime feels no love for the Israelis, but there is significant security cooperation between the two countries; Egypt's rulers see the Shia in Iran, not the Jewish state, as the more dangerous threat to Arab power in the region. Egypt's decisions in late July to bar an Iranian Red Crescent ship carrying aid to Gaza from entering the Suez Canal and to prevent four Iranian parliamentarians from crossing the border into Gaza are the most recent proof of this Egyptian attitude.""

Posted by As'ad at 5:00 PM

Bush on Mubarak


"Our friendship is strong. It's a cornerstone of -- one of the main cornerstones of our policy in this region, and it's based on our shared commitment to peace, security and prosperity.  I appreciate the opportunity, Mr. President, to give you an update on my trip. And I appreciate the advice you've given me. You've seen a lot in your years as President; you've got a great deal of experience, and I appreciate you feeling comfortable in sharing that experience once again with me.  I really appreciate Egypt's support in the war on terror." (thanks Nour)
 
Posted by As'ad at 2:57 PM

River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If that happen then Egypt will fall into the same vicious circle; military ruling again.