Wednesday 20 April 2011

PALESTINE: Um-Kulthoom sings for Palestine...


An old son 
by late superstar of the Orient; 
(Egyptian) Um-Kulthoom






 The Israeli bastards 
have devoured palestine like a stinky rat devouring 
a piece of cheese
  
Palestinian Resistance

I have become an owner of a rifle
To Palestine, let me accompany you
To hills that are as sad as the face of the Magdalene

For 20 years I have been searching for my land and identity;
Searching for my house; my country which has become surrounded by barbed wires;
Searching for my childhood and my playmates;
Searching for my books; for my pictures; for every warm corner and flower pot.

To Palestine, let me accompany you.
O men, I wish to live or die a man.

I have become an owner of a rifle.
Tell who ever ask about my cause, I have become an owner of a rifle.

I have become an owner of a rifle.
(Hence) I have been on the list of the rebels.
Thorns have become my bed wearing my knife.
I have become one of the rebels.

O rebels in Jerusalem, in Khaleel, in Bisana, in Aghwar, in Beet Lehim;
Wherever you are, go forward;
Go forward, go forward, go forward, go forward;

(Chorus) to Palestine.

There is only one way (left);
A way that passes through the mouth of a rifle.



River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

No comments: