Saturday 17 November 2012

Gaza Speaks

By Nahida Exiled Palestinian

LOOK AT ME


 I would love to write poetry about love, 

Paint rainbows and butterflies, 

Smell the scent of pink rose buds, 

And dance; 

Dance with the melody of jubilant bluebirds






I would love to close my eyes and see children smiling 

No guns pointing at their heads 

Tell them stories of lily-like fairies in far-away lands

 Not of bullets shrieking.... missiles exploding 




But 

How can I? 

  
How can I? 


  
How can I?


 How can I? 











There is a dagger in my heart 

I am hurting 

Hurting

 I bleed, 

I cringe 

I cry 





HUMANITY, WHERE ARE YOU? 




I am being slaughtered 

Under your watchful eyes

 I am cold… cold…. cold 

I cringe

 I cry 





Humanity, where are you? 




Why do you turn your face away? 

Why do you keep looking the other way? 





I am here

 Languishing 

In Gaza's alleyways 




Humanity, where are you?



 Look at me 

See me 

I am here 

Sighing 

In Gaza's alleyways

 I cringe I cry




 Humanity,

 Enough turning the other way ! 

Turning a deaf ear

 Turning a blind eye 




While I, and oh ! 

My poor children

Die . 








No comments: