Syrian Army, Allies Enter Strategic Town in Lattakia Countryside
Syrian army and its allies took control of strategic town of Salama in Lattakia countryside amid collapse in the ranks of Takfiri militants.
Sources told al-Manar that the Syrian army was advancing in Lattakia’s northern countryside following fierce clashes with Takfiri militants who are fleeing the area.
The move comes after the Syrian army established control on the neighboring hills of al-Hramiyah and al-Khazzan.
The Syrian army announced it had controlled al-Haramiyah hill after being engaged in fierce clashes with the militants. Both heavy and small arms were used in the clashes, the Syrian sources said.
For its part, the so-called “Syrian army for Human Rights” also reported that the Syrian army and its allies took control of Salama, describing the town as militants’ bastion.
The army entered Salama after fierce fighting with Ahrar al-Sham and Nusra Front terrorists, AFP news agency quoted Rami Abdel Rahman, the head of the Britain-based opposition monitor as saying.
Source: Al Manar TV
|12-01-2016 - 13:22 Last updated 12-01-2016 - 13:22|
- الجيش يقترب من حصار سلمى... ويتقدّم في الغوطة
- الجيش يقترب من خان العسل غرباً والباب شرقاً
- الجيش السوري نحو تادف... و«داعش» يفشل في استعادة سد تشرين
- «داعشي» يقتل أمه في ساحة عامة في الرقة
- الجيش يُقلص المسافة باتجاه ربيعة في ريف اللاذقية... ويقتحم حي المنشية في درعا
- President Assad Discusses Counterterrorism Efforts with Iran’s Interior Minister
- Al-Manar Camera Unfolds Fabrications on Madaya
- Swap Deal in Zabadani... Madaya Propaganda Exposed
- Putin: Give Syrian People Opportunity to Have Their Say
- Russian Jets Hit 1097 Terrorist Targets in Syria since Beginning of 2016
- Aid Convoys Arrive in Besieged Syrian Towns of Kefraya & Fouaa
- Syrian Air Force Destroys 20 ISIL Trucks Oil in Deir Ezzour