- Al-Atrash Hearing Set for Monday
- VIDEO: Infamous Settler Anat Cohen Disrupts Peaceful Commemoration
- The Israeli Ghetto
- Israeli Military Targets Gaza Civilians, Violates Truce
- Settlers Raid Salfit Village, Escorted by Army
- Frozen in Their Grief: On the Bereavement of Palestinian Families
- US to Increase Israeli Military Support
- Settlers Resume Provocative al-Aqsa Tours
- Israeli Soldiers Kidnap Thirteen Palestinians In The West Bank
Sunday, 28 February 2016
Israeli settlers escorted by army raid village in Salfit district
FEB. 27, 2016 8:34 P.M.
SALFIT (Ma'an) -- A group of Israeli settlers escorted by Israeli military forces raided the village of Yasuf in the northern West Bank district of Salfit on Saturday. The head of the Yasuf village council, Hafith Ebayya, said that a group of Israeli settlers raided the village and attempted to enter the al-Basatin area in central Yasuf.Ebayya said that the settlers were escorted by military vehicles and soldiers, and that a military checkpoint was set up at the entrance of the village.
Clashes erupted between dozens of Palestinian youths and Israeli forces.Israeli forces fired live bullets, rubber-coated steel bullets and tear gas at youths and several farmers who were in their fields nearby.Several youths and farmers suffered from tear gas inhalation.An Israeli army spokesperson told Ma’an they were looking into the report.
Three quarters of Yasuf’s lands are located in Area C -- under full Israeli military and administrative control. According to a report by the Applied Research Institute-Jerusalem (ARIJ), over the years, some 602 dunams (148.7 acres) of Yasuf land have been seized to establish settlement housing.Several Israeli settlements are located near Yasuf, including Ariel, the fourth largest settlement in the West Bank.
These settlements in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem are illegal under international law.