According to medical sources, the 16-year-old youth, identified as Omar Madi, was shot in the chest on Wednesday in al-Arroub refugee camp located north of al-Khalil (Hebron), Palestinian Ma’an news agency reported.
The clashes erupted after Zionist soldiers "spotted a number of boys throwing stones at Israeli vehicles at route 60 near al-Arroub refugee camp," the agency quoted an Israeli army spokesman as saying.
“The soldiers responded with riot dispersal means and shot one of the demonstrators with live fire,” the spokesman claimed.
Locals said Israeli occupation forces used tear gas, rubber-coated steel bullets and live fire during clashes in the camp.
The teen was taken to hospital where he succumbed to his wounds.
Al-Arroub refugee camp lies along Route 60, a major West Bank road that illegal Israeli settlers regularly use to get access to a number of illegal settlements in al-Khalil. The site has seen frequent clashes between Palestinians and Israeli forces over the past several months.
|10-02-2016 - 16:55 Last updated 10-02-2016 - 16:55|
- Israeli Army Kidnaps 23 Palestinians
- Army Kidnaps Six Palestinians Bethlehem, One In Jenin
- Seven Palestinians Injured Near Bethlehem
- Qassam Fighter Killed in Tunnel Collapse
- UPDATE: Israeli Forces Kidnap 18 Palestinians in West Bank and Jerusalem, including Minors
- Settler Wounded in Gush Etzion Stabbing
- Settlers Assault Shepherd near Hebron
- Al-Qeeq to be Transferred to Ramallah Hospital
- Three Palestinian MKs Suspended
- Zionist Troops Shoots Palestinian Youth Dead in WB
- IOF Blockades West Bank VillageIOF Demolishes Buildings in Southern West Bank
- 3 IOF Soldiers Injured in Shooting Attack, Palestinian Shooter Martyred
- Stabbed Israeli Woman Dies of of Palestinian Hunger Striker Warns He Could Die
- IOF Kills Palestinian Girl in West Bank