In recent years, Bahrain has tightened its grip on freedom of expression with multiple arrests and harassment of opposition politicians and activists.
Fadhel Abbas Mahdi Mohamed, former Secretary General of the Unitary National Democratic Assemblage [al-Wahdawi party] continues to appeal against a five-year sentence handed down to him after an unfair trial in June 2015 for a statement made by his political party condemning the Saudi Arabia-led airstrikes in Yemen.
|28-05-2016 – 15:59 Last updated 28-05-2016 – 15:59|
|31-05-2016 – 18:46 Last updated 31-05-2016 – 19:44|
- Hezbollah Denounces Sentence against Sheikh Salman: Abuses Religious Scholars
- Bahrainis Hold Demo to Demand Release of Imprisoned Activists
- Bahraini Regime Refuses to Let Zainab Khawaja’s Baby out of Jail
- Bahraini Regime Troops Intimidate Citizens: Dozens of Cases Reported
- Bahraini Regime Court Jails 10 over Alleged Police Attack
- HRW Urges Bahrain to stop Deporting Citizens Stripped of Nationality
- Manami: Bahraini Regime Offered Al Saud “Obeisance” by Deporting Lebanese