“Today, we are facing a growing wave of demands for being sent to Syria and Iraq and many young people from different parts of Iran and different ethnicities have volunteered,” Ramezan Sharif said on Wednesday.
“This is not a slogan; rather it is an undeniable reality,” Ramezan Sharif stressed.
“Since the start of the conflict in Syria, the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Armed Forces voiced readiness for (overseas) deployment and pressured their commanders to be dispatched to the region,” General Moussavi said.
“The Army has no responsibility to render advisory services to Syria and there is an organization in Iran which adopts the related measures,” General Salehi told reporters in Tehran.“We, in the Army, are facing a large number of forces who love to be sent to this front (in Syria) but have never claimed that Brigade 65 of Nohed (Special Airborne Forces) is present there,” he said“A number of volunteer forces have been dispatched to Syria which may consist of some members of the Brigade 65,” General Salehi added.
SOURCES: Fars News Agency Submitted by Cem Ertür War Press Info Network at : https://syrianfreepress.wordpress.com/2016/05/18/iranian-syria-iraq/ ~
|21-05-2016 – 13:59 Last updated 21-05-2016 – 13:59|
- Syrian Army Kills over 125 Terrorists in Hama, Breaks Siege on Zara Power Plant
- Moscow Vows Response to NATO Build-up on Russia’s Frontiers
- Syrian Army Secures Major Achievements in Eastern Ghouta
- NATO Mulls Deploying AWACS in Iraq, Syria ‘To Fight ISIL’
- Lavrov Agree with Kerry on Strengthening Syria Ceasefire
- Syrian Army, Allies Launch Campaign in Eastern Gouta
- HRW: Saudi Iran Spying Trial “Mockery of Justice”