Government troops recaptured the municipal building, though the militants still controlled a significant portion of Fallujah, an hour’s drive west of Baghdad, and many streets and houses remain mined with explosives.
- IRAQI RESISTANCE AND IRAQI ARMY FORCES, NOT AMERICA, LIBERATED FALLUJAH
- ISIS elements begin mass escape from central Fallujah, says Federal Police
- Joint security forces enter central Fallujah, destroy 15 bobby-trapped vehicles
- Security forces kill 40 ISIS members in northern Ramadi
- 27 ISIS fighters captured, including foreigners in Fallujah