- عروض روسية للمجموعات: باب التسوية ما زال مفتوحاً
- الظواهري للسعودية ومشايخ الخليج: قتلتم زهران علوش وأفسدتم جهاد الشام
- «جنيف» المؤجّل ينتظر فصل «المعتدلين» عن «النصرة»
- خلاف «النصرة» والمجموعات المسلحة يؤجل عملية الجنوب
- New Syrian Gov’t Takes Constitutional Oath before President Assad
- Assad: Western States Responsible for Terrorism, Extremism, Refugees Flow
- Syrian Forces Foil Raid on Castello, Kill 29 Militants
- Truce Extended for Another 72 Hours: Syrian Army
- Syrian Army Regains Maidaa in Eastern Gouta, Advances in Aleppo
- Syria: Terrorists Target Aleppo with Over 10 Rocket Shells
Tuesday, 12 July 2016
Syrian Army Controls Maydaa in Eastern Gouta, Kills More Terrorists
The Syrian army and armed forces backed by air force continued eliminating terrorist groups in several provinces of the country on Monday.
A military source announced on Monday afternoon that the Army and Armed Forces restored security to the town of Maydaaa in the Eastern Gouta part of Damascus Countryside after eliminating the remaining gatherings of terrorists in it.
The source said in a statement to SANA that army units, in cooperation with the popular defense groups, clashed with terrorist groups that attacked military posts and civilians in Maydaa in the depth of the Eastern Ghouta, and that the clashes resulted in killing a number of terrorists, injuring others, and establishing full control over the town.
Engineering units combed the town completely, dismantling scores of explosive devices which were planted by terrorists, and confiscated various arms and ammunition which had been in the possession of the so-called al-Islam Brigade.
Establishing control over Maydaa is a considerable military achievement since it completes and enhances the security perimeter around the areas where terrorists are active in the Eastern Ghouta and cuts off one of the most important supply routes they had been using to procure arms and ammunition through al-Badiya desert.
An army unit destroyed a fuel tanker affiliated to ISIL terrorists in the western countryside of Sweida province.
The Syrian Army Air Force destroyed vehicles for ISIL terrorist organization in the vicinity of Jeb al-Jarah and the east side of Palmyra in the countryside of Homs province, a military source told SANA.
Meanwhile, in the southern province of Daraa, army units destroyed two vehicles for al-Nusra Front (Qaeda branch in the levant) terrorist organization and killed a number of its terrorists in Tal al-Sheikh Hussain, Teloul Khleif and Daraa al-Balad.