- زيارات الوفود الغربية إلى سورية: هل من نتائج؟
- لم يعودوا يطالبون برحيل الأسد… ولكن؟؟
- روسيا: الأميركي تراجع عن اتفاق سابق وأميركا تردّ: خدعونا في حلب
- ما بعد «طوق حلب»: واشنطن تهدّد بتقويض «التعاون» مع موسكو
- موسكو تعيد ارسال طائرة التجسس الأحدث في سلاح الجو الروسي إلى سوريا
- President Al-Assad : US Policy in the Region Contradicts American People’s Interests
- Syria Calls for Stopping Massacres of US-Led Coalition, ISIS against Civilians
- Army Establishes Control over Bani Zaid, Opens Safe Corridors for Civilians to Leave Eastern Aleppo
- Syrian Army advances inside key rural Damascus town
- OPERATION “WADI BARADAA”–RATS CRINGE IN THEIR SEWERS;
- BANI ZAYD AND AL-ASHRAFIYEH FULLY LIBERATED IN ALEPPO; TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR TERRORISTS INSIDE ALEPPO AND EAST GHOUTA
Saturday, 30 July 2016
US Delegation Meets Assad in Damascus
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said the policy of the US administration in the region goes against the interests and values of the American people, adding that they are getting increasingly violent at the expense of logic and common sense.
During his meeting on Thursday with the US Peace Council delegation currently visiting Syria led by Henry Lowendorf, President al-Assad said the US policies are at a collision course with the interests of the US citizens and the peoples of the world.
He further indicated that the role of the United States as a superpower should otherwise be positive and based on fostering knowledge, science and technology instead of chaos and destruction.
President al-Assad gave a concise review of the events in Syria since the start up until now, indicating that the crisis which later morphed into a war on the Syrian people was prompted by Syria’s rejection to have a regional role that runs counter to the interests of its people.
Accordingly, the delegation members said their visit is aimed at having a close look into the situation in Syria and conveying their first-hand accounts to the US public opinion, vowing to do their best to stop the war and US and Western interference in Syria.
They underlined their vehement opposition to the US belligerent and interventionist policies, pledging to exert efforts to change this policy.
For his part, the Syrian president praised such visits for their importance in helping governments change their policies if they are willing to.
In a statement to journalists, Lowendorf said the delegation held“fruitful and constructive” talks with President al-Assad.
“We had the honor to meet President al-Assad. He was straightforward and wanted us to be so. We related to him what we saw and he provided rational, accurate and wise answers for our questions…He impressed us with his insight not only about the situation in Syria but also about world powers,” he added.
Source: SANA, Edited by website team
29-07-2016 | 13:15
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian