«Anti-Americanism and Western skepticism are common phenomena among Turks. It is not limited to certain segments of the society. One would be surprised to see the intensity of anti-Americanısm and Euroskepticism among the educated elites, even the Western educated ones.» According to the newspaper, a «surprising level of anger and frustration felt against first Americans and then Europeans by the residents of Ankara».
«In no way can NATO limit our contacts with other countries… It means NATO has no right to dictate its terms and tell us who we should or should not meet and communicate with», the ambassador emphasized.
Turkey has been critical to «virtually every NATO operation with significant impact: training Afghan Security Forces and leading coalition efforts in the central district, including Kabul; sending ships and aircraft to Libya; participating in counterpiracy operations; maintaining a steady presence in the security and peacekeeping force in the Balkans».
an «enormous ability» to influence events,«from the Islamic State to Syria; Israel to oil and gas in the eastern Mediterranean; responding to radical Islam to stability in Egypt».
- Russia, Iran Join Together in Anti-Terror Effort: Turning the Tide of War
- European Defense Union Independent from US and NATO: Reality or Pipedream?
- Terrorist Attack in Crimea: Russia Suspends Normandy Format Talks
- Southeast Asia Faces up to Islamic State Threat
- Chemical Weapons in Syria: Methods of Waging Information Wars
- US Launches Sustained Military Campaign in Libya