- Nahed Hatter Assassinated because he said the Right Word. “This is God … This is his party.”
- Hezbollah Condemns Hattar’s Assassination
- اغتيال الكاتب الاردني ناهض حتر باطلاق نار امام قصر العدل وسط عمان - المنار
- إتحاد الكتاب التونسيين يدين إغتيال الكاتب الأردني ناهض حتر
- الميادين | الأخبار - اغتيال الكاتب والناشط السياسي الأردني ناهض حتر
- بالصور/ مقتل الكاتب الاردني ناهض حتر .. من الفاعل؟
- اغتيال الكاتب الأردني ناهض حتر
- كيف خطط مهندس لعملية اغتيال الكاتب الأردني ناهض حتر؟
Tuesday, 27 September 2016
Jordan Imposes Media Blackout following Hattar Assassination
September 26, 2016
Jordan’s judiciary Monday slapped a media blackout on the murder of a Christian writer who was gunned down outside an Amman court on Sunday.
The information ministry said the aim was to preserve “the secrecy of the investigation” and that the blackout applied to both social and traditional media.
Nahed Hattar was hit by three bullets before the assassin was arrested at the scene of Sunday’s shooting in Amman’s central Abdali district, official media said.
The assailant — bearded and robed like Takfiris — shot the a 56-year-old as he made his way up the steps outside the court.
The gunman, identified as a 49-year-old Jordanian, gave himself up to police, a security source said.
A judicial source said on Sunday that the assailant was remanded for 15 days and charged with premeditated murder, meaning that he could face the death penalty if convicted.
Few hours after Hattar assassination, Hezbollah denounced the crime, urging the Jordanian authorities to punish the perpetrators.
In a statement, Hezbollah praised Hattar as “a struggler against the Zionist scheme and a defender of the Palestinian cause and the axis of resistance.”
“He was really a loud and echoing voice in confronting the Takfiri acts and genocides.”