- Syria Truce Was a Ruse: US Says the Present Horrors Will Continue
- Sources: ISIL Leader al-Baghdadi Spotted in Mosul
- Assad: Sanctions Imposed on Syria More Damaging than Militants
- US Designates Jund al-Aqsa Militant Groups as Terrorist Entity
- Damascus Source Refutes Claim of Targeting Aid Convoy by Army in Aleppo
- Syrian Army Smashes All Suicide Cars Guided by Terrorists at Deir Ezzur Airbase
- Iraqi Forces Win Back 6 Villages in Al-Anbar, Salahuddin
- ISIL Recaptures Host of Villages from Turkey-Backed Militants in Northern Syria
- Tens of Militants Defect Fatah Al-Sham in Idlib
- Syrian Forces, Allies Fend Off Militants’ Offensive in Southern Aleppo
- Syrian Army Kills Scores of Militants in Damascus
Wednesday, 21 September 2016
Syrian Troops Liberate Handarat Heights in Northern Aleppo
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian army forces won back control of Handarat heights in the Northern parts of Aleppo hours after the end of ceasefire.
The army and its allies started operations to cleanse the strategic Handarat refugee camp of terrorists on Tuesday morning and they could drive back the Ahrar al-Sham militants from the Northern heights of Handarat camp after heavy clashes.
The terrorists withdrew from the Northern heights of Handarat after sustaining tens of casualties in the army’s surprise attack.
Liberation of Handarat heights is the first step towards retaking the entire refugee camp from the terrorists.
The Syrian Army declared end of ceasefire on Monday, regretting that militants did not adhere to any of the provisions stated in the truce agreement.
The Syrian army reaffirmed commitment to fight against terror after the end of truce, and did not add whether the truce will be reinstated any time in future.
The truce started last week. On September 9, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and US Secretary of State John Kerry announced a new peace plan to address the conflict in Syria that called for a ceasefire and anti-terrorism cooperation among other clauses of the treaty.
According to the Russian General Staff, the terrorist groups in Syria have violated the ceasefire over 300 times since it took effect.
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian