- President Aoun to Begin Parliamentary Consultations to Designate PM
- Israeli Media: Hezbollah ‘Biggest Winner’ As Lebanon Elects Aoun President
- Highlights of President Aoun’s Military and Political Biography
- Al-Assad, Rouhani, other Top Officials Congratulate Lebanese President
- Sayyed Nasrallah Calls President Aoun, Congratulates Him
- Lebanese Parliament Elects Michel Aoun as President, Celebrations Govern Scene
Wednesday, 2 November 2016
FPM: Sayyed Nasrallah Our Partner in Victory
November 1, 2016
The Head of the Free Patriotic Movement (FPM) in Lebanon, Gibran Bassil stressed that Hezbollah Secretary General Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah is the movement’s partner in the victory achieved in the presidential vote.
In a crowded ceremony celebrating the election of General Michel Aoun for presidency, Bassil praised Sayyed Nasrallah’s political honesty.
“To our partner in victory, Sayyed Nasrallah we say: we have never doubted your honesty,” Bassil addressed Hezbollah S.G.
Hezbollah has been backing Aoun, FPM founder, since the presidential vacuum started in May 2014, with Sayyed Nasrallah repeatedly said that the 81-year old politician is qualified to such post.
“Let the Lebanese know that there are still honest people in this country, Bassil said referring to Sayyed Nasrallah.
Meanwhile, he stressed that the FPM’s supportive stance towards the resistance in July war in 2006 was a national duty.
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian