- إفشال هجوم «الفتح» الثاني: «الطوق» يتوسّع إلى غرب حلب
- الجيش السوري: مهلة إنسانية في حلب غداً
- Al-Manar Video Shows Syrian Army, Allies Thwarting Major Terrorist Attack on Western Aleppo
- SAA advances along M5-highway, prepares to encircle two rebel-held towns in Hama
- Syrian Army Command Calls on Aleppo Militants to Leave City
- Syria’s Kurds Say to ‘Lead’ Raqa Fight, Reject Turkish Role
- Syrian Army Restores New Areas of Rural Damascus
Friday, 4 November 2016
Takfiri offensive on SAA positions in western Aleppo ends in Disaster, Civilian Death Toll to 12, with over 200 Injured
November 3, 2016
The death toll from the terrorist attacks on neighborhoods in Aleppo city rose to 12 people, in addition to more than 200 others injured, including a photographer from al-Alam TV channel, SANA reporter said.
According to earlier information provided by a source at Aleppo Police Command , 5 people were killed and 46 others were injured as the terrorist organizations launched attacks on the neighborhoods of Halap al-Jadideh, al-Mogambo, al-Masharqeh and al-Furqan, where shells hit the Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
Rocket shells and explosive bullets were used in the attacks, which were launched by terrorists positioned in the eastern neighborhoods of Aleppo city and others in the province’s western countryside.
SANA reporter quoted the source as saying that a girl child was among the dead, and that the attacks caused material damage to public and private properties.
A medical source at al-Jamiaa (University) Hospital told the reporter that the hospital received a person suffering suffocation due to an attack on Menian, to the west of Aleppo city, in which the terrorists used poisonous gases.
Meanwhile, Mohammd Joulaq, a photographer formal-Alam TV channel, sustained slight injuries while covering the military operations carried out by the army against terrorist groups on the southwestern outskirts of Aleppo city.
The 1st day of Jaish al-Fateh’s (Army of Conquest) renewed offensive on government-held western Aleppo did not go as planned as their forces were unable to hold a single site captured from the Syrian Arab Army (SAA).
Spearheaded by four consecutive suicide bombings and a massive artillery barrageon Thursday morning until noon, Jaish al-Fateh’s elite ‘Inghimasis’ infiltration units attacked the SAA’s positions at the 3000 Apartment Project, the Al-Assad Military Academy, New Aleppo district and 1070 Apartment Project.
Unfortunately for the jihadists, their forces were forced to withdraw from a dozen buildings captured in the western part of the 3000 Apartment Project on Thursday evening due to the SAA conducting a swift counter-attack.
Thousands of government soldiers, many of whom are elite, are present on this frontline while several T-90 tanks are also deployed.
During today’s assault, at least 50 Jaish al-Fateh militants were confirmed killed. In addition, a source told Al-Masdar News that 6 tanks, 2 BMP’s and 4 machine-gun manned vehicles were destroyed.
The Syrian military said 12 civilians were killed and over 200 wounded by rebel shelling while it did not specify the SAA’s casualties.
In the coming days, the SAA’s Tiger Forces, Desert Hawks Brigade and Liwa al-Quds (Palestinian paramilitary) are expected to launch a counter-offensive and attempt to retake areas lost last week at Minyan and the Dahiyat al-Assad district.
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian