- Hundreds of Persons, Including Repentant Gunmen, Got Their Legal Status Settled
- Al-Jaafari: West, Allies Getting Revenge for Aleppo Victory
- Shaaban: Liberation of Aleppo from Terrorism Will Change Power Balance Regionally and Internationally
- Hassoun: Liberating Aleppo from Terrorists is The Beginning of Victory in Syria
- Aleppo Eastern Neighborhoods’ Evacuation Suspended after Terrorists’ Breach
- تسوية حلب: الباصات الخضراء مرّت من هنا
- وحدات من الجيش العربي السوري تنفذ عمليات مركزة ضد تجمعات وتحركات التنظيمات الإرهابية بريف حمص وتقضي على العشرات منهم
- لافروف يبحث مع ظريف وجاويش أوغلو الوضع في حلب.. تشوركين: الاقتراح الفرنسي حول حلب غير واقعي
- شويغو يبحث هاتفيا مع نظيريه الإيراني والسوري ورئيس جهاز المخابرات التركي تسوية الوضع في حلب
- الدفاع الروسية: إخراج الإرهابيين وعائلاتهم من الأحياء الشرقية لحلب سمح بفصلهم عما يسمى “المعارضة المعتدلة”
- السعودية: لا نعارض بقاء الرئيس الأسد
- عقدة «كفريا والفوعة»: إجلاء مسلحي حلب إلى التأجيل
- «تفجير طفلة»… جديد إجرام المسلحين في دمشق
Sunday, 18 December 2016
New Deal Reached to Continue Aleppo Evacuation
December 17, 2016
A new deal has been reached to evacuate eastern Aleppo, after the original pact broke down over violations by terrorist militants.
More than 9,000 of militants, members of their families and civilians had been evacuated from Aleppo’s east. But the evacuation was suspended on Friday after the militants took hostages, the remains of Syrian Army troops, and prohibited weapons with them, Syria’s Ambassador to the UN, Bashar Jaafari told RT.
Reuters news agency on Saturday, quoted a Syrian government official as saying that the stalled evacuation of Aleppo would resume, alongside some evacuations from the besieged twons of Foua, Kefraya, Madaya and Zabadani.
“It was agreed to resume evacuations from east Aleppo in parallel with the evacuation of (medical) cases from Kefraya and al-Foua and some cases from Zabadani and Madaya,” said the government official, part of the evacuations negotiating team.
The agency also quoted a militant commander as reporting the deal.
Speaking from Aleppo to news channel al-Arabiya al-Hadath, al-Farouk Abu Bakr said the deal comprised an evacuation from the besieged villages of Foua and Kefraya, the evacuation of wounded people from two towns near the Lebanese border, and the full evacuation of east Aleppo.
December 17, 2016
Syria’s Ambassador to the UN, Bashar Jaafari said that a deal to evacuate Aleppo broke down over violations by terrorists who took hostages, the remains of Syrian Army troops, and prohibited weapons with them.
“More than 9,449 terrorists [and members of their families] have evacuated from the eastern part of the city, due to the agreement made for this purpose and thanks to Russian mediation,” Jaafari told RT.
He then explained why the evacuation stopped amid reports the Syrian Army blamed the militants for violating the evacuation deal.
“Unfortunately, the agreement was violated today by the terrorist groups who took hostages with them and corpses of Syrian Army martyrs while they were exiting the city,” Jaafari said. “[They also] were transferring medium-caliber weapons after dismantling them in violation [of the] agreement.”
The agreement “does not allow them to take with them any prisoners, any hostages, and any corpses of Syrian Army soldiers killed by them – but they did,” he explained, also adding that only light weapons were supposed to be taken out of the militant-occupied areas, but not the heavier arms.
Jaafari estimated that a “couple thousand” of militants that refused to exit the city altogether comprise of “the most radical elements.” He claimed that those belonged to groups “working for Turkish intelligence.”