Everything in the World is Changing Regarding Syria
President Assad:It depends on what kind of war you’re looking for. Are you looking for a quiet war, war without destruction? I haven’t heard, in the history, of a good war, every war is bad. Why bad? Because every war is about destruction, every war is about the killing, that’s why every war is bad. You cannot say “this is a good war” even if it’s for a good reason, to defend your country, for a noble reason, but it’s bad. That’s why it’s not the solution, if you have any other solution. But the question is: how can you liberate the civilians in those areas from the terrorists? Is it better to leave them, to leave them under their supervision, under their oppression, under their fate defined by those terrorists by beheading, by killing, by everything but not having state? Is that the role of the state, just to keep and watch? You have to liberate, and this is the price sometimes, but at the end, the people are liberated from the terrorists. That’s the question now; are they liberated or not? If yes, that’s what we have to do.
President Assad: No.
President Assad: Let me just continue the second part of the first question. Second part of that ceasefire is not about al-Nusra and ISIS, and the area that we’ve been fighting to liberate recently, regarding the water sources of the capital Damascus, is occupied by al-Nusra, and al-Nusra announced formally that they are occupying that area. So, it’s not part of the ceasefire.
- Mariani: Defeating Terrorism in Syria a Good News to France
- French Journalist: Syria is victim of western media’s lack of credibility
- Delegated by President Al-Assad, Ambassador Abdul-Kareem Participates in Funeral of Late Patriarch Cappucci
- President Al-Assad Offers Condolences to Iran’s Khamenei, Rouhani on Rafsanjani’s Death
- Syrian Officials Offer Condolences over Death of Rafsanjani at Iranian Embassy
- Iranians Hold Funeral Ceremony for Ex-President Ayatollah Rafsanjani
- Iran Warns of Reinforcement of Terrorists during Syria Truce
- No Better Bilateral Ties until Turkish Forces’ Withdrawal: Iraq
- Shoigu: Crisis in Syria Deepened by US-Led Coalition Intervention
- Certain UNSC Member States Still Seeking Aggravating the Crisis in Syria: Churkin
- Zakharova Blasts Washington for Accusing Moscow of not Fixing US Blunders in Anti-ISIS Fight
- Army kills scores of ISIS terrorists in Deir Ezzor and Homs