The Islamic Republic of Iran, the Russian Federation and the Republic of Turkey as guarantors of the observance of the ceasefire regime in the Syrian Arab Republic (hereinafter referred to as “Guarantors”):
- the following de-escalation areas shall be created with the aim to put a prompt end to violence, improve the humanitarian situation and create favorable conditions to advance political settlement of the conflict in the Syrian Arab Republic:
— in eastern Ghouta;
The creation of the de-escalation areas and security zones is a temporary measure, the duration of which will initially be 6 months and will be automatically extended on the basis of consensus of the Guarantors.
- Within the lines of the de-escalation areas:
- Along the lines of the de-escalation areas, security zones shall be established in order to prevent incidents and military confrontations between the conflicting parties.
- The security zones shall include:
— Observation posts to ensure compliance with the provisions of the ceasefire regime.
- The Guarantors shall in 2 weeks after signing the Memorandum form a Joint working group on de-escalation (hereinafter referred to as the “Joint Working Group”) composed of their authorized representatives in order to delineate the lines of the de-escalation areas and security zones as well as to resolve other operational and technical issues related to the implementation of the Memorandum.
Done in Astana, 4 May 2017 in three copies in English, having equal legal force.
- The Message of Trumpcare
- Pentagon Intends Continued Aerial Operations in Sy…
- Palestine’s Mandela on Israel’s Brutal Response to…
- CODEPINK Activists Face Possible Imprisonment
- House Passes New Sanctions on North Korea
- Trump’s First Foreign Travel as President
- House Passes Pay or Die Trumpcare
- De-Escalation Zones in Syria: Hold the Cheers
- Fabricated HRW Report on CW Use in Syria
- Obama Endorses Macron