- خبراء من الدول الضامنة للهدنة السورية يعقدون لقاءات ثنائية في أستانا
- أستانا 4.. توقعات بقفزة تروق للجميع
- Jaysh Al-Islam recaptures town in East Ghouta
- Jaish al-Islam mobilizes forces to storm key town in Eastern Ghouta
- Jihadist infighting rages despite Syrian Army advance in east Damascus
Wednesday, 3 May 2017
Opposition delegation suspends Syrian peace talks in Astana
BEIRUT, LEBANON (3:00 P.M.) – The Syrian opposition delegation halted their participation in the Astana peace talks, citing “ongoing bombardments in the war-torn country,” the AFP reported today.
“The militant delegation is suspending the meetings because of the violent air strikes on civilians. The suspension will continue until shelling stops across all Syria,” an opposition source in the Kazakh capital Astana told the AFP News Agency.
Today’s meeting was supposed to kick-off the fourth round of the Astana peace talks; however, once again, the conference has been put on hold.