- Trump and Putin discuss Syria during ‘very constructive call’ – Tillerson
- سورية «امتصّت» عهد ترامب بأيامه المئة الأولى
- البيت الأبيض يصف مكالمة بوتين وترامب بأنها “جيدة جدا”
- تيلرسون يكشف عن تفاصيل المكالمة بين ترامب وبوتين
- كلينتون باكية على خسارتها أمام ترامب: كنت سأفوز برئاسة أمريكا لولا تدخل هؤلاء الثلاثة
- وزارة الدفاع الروسية تنفي مزاعم هيومن رايتس ووتش حول القذيفة التي ضربت خان شيخون وتصف خبراءها بالحكواتية
- اردوغان “حزين” لرؤيته دوريات أمريكية كردية مشتركة على طول حدوده مع سورية..
Wednesday, 3 May 2017
Trump, Putin Discuss First Meeting, Syria during ‘Very Good Call’
Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin discussed steps to ease Syria’s war and a possible first face-to-face meeting, during what the White House described as a “very good call” Tuesday.
The US and Russian leaders spoke by telephone, focusing on the six-year-old Syrian conflict.
“President Trump and President Putin agreed that the suffering in Syria has gone on for far too long and that all parties must do all they can to end the violence,” the White House said.
Trump aides also said “the conversation was a very good one” that included “discussion of safe, or de-escalation, zones” in Syria “to achieve lasting peace for humanitarian and many other reasons.”
The White House said the two leaders also spoke about “how best to resolve the very dangerous situation in North Korea.”
And the Kremlin added that both men were “in favor” of meeting at a G20 summit in Germany this July.
That meeting is sure to be closely watched in the United States, where Trump has come under sustained criticism over his campaign’s ties to Russia and his praise of Putin.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said the call — which he sat in on — was “very productive” with “a lot of detailed exchanges.”
“We’ll see where we go from here.”
The Kremlin, meanwhile, said “the emphasis was put on the potential for coordination of actions by the United States and Russia in the fight against terrorism.”
The State Department earlier announced that it would send a junior minister to Russian-backed peace talks in Astana later this week.
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian