Turkey is to deploy US rocket launchers on its border that will put Syria’s strategic city Aleppo within firing range. The move suggests that Turkey is soliciting direct American military intervention in the Syrian war.
The question arises: is the Turkish regime of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan trying to bounce his American NATO ally into the Syrian war?
The high stakes have also put the foreign backers of these terror groups on notice. As the main covert sponsors, Turkey and Saudi Arabia in particular stand to lose if Aleppo falls. Their investment in toppling the Assad government, with billions of dollars, will have been blown.
Both Turkey and Saudi Arabia have long been pushing Washington to intervene more in Syria to expedite the regime-change objective against Assad.
Not only Russian intelligence, but Turkish journalists have also exposed criminal complicity of Erdogan’s regime – and that’s why two editors of Cumhuriyet daily – Can Dundar and his colleague Erdem Gul – are currently facing life in prison if convicted on trumped-up charges of “espionage”.
What Erdogan’s regime seems craftily aiming for is to push Washington into Plan B and hence deeper military intervention in Syria. Erdogan needs to salvage his jihadist proxies from defeat in Aleppo by getting American firepower deployed.
SOURCES: Originally published on SputnikNews By Finian Cunningham Submitted by SyrianPatriots War Press Info Network at: https://syrianfreepress.wordpress.com/2016/04/30/erdogan-plan-b/ ~ Related Articles
- «تهدئة» جبهات دمشق واللاذقية… وحلب خارج «نظام الصمت»
- Army Command: Truce in some areas to prevent pretexts of targeting civilians by terrorist groups
- Terrorist Attacks against Aleppo Neighborhoods Clear-Cut War Crime: Information Minister
- Virginia State Senator Richard Black: “I had the honor to meet President al-Assad” ~ President al-Assad: “Fighting terrorism demands a joint international effort” ~ [Reports, Video, Photos]
- Death toll from Aleppo terrorist attacks rises to 33 [Report, Video, Photo Gallery Updated]
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian