|Interview with Laila Khaled|
I have a home in Jrash which you demolished, erased from your map.
I have a home whose stones still stand as witness to your crimes, still stand witness to what once was and to what will be.
I have a home that will be rebuilt with the same stones and on the same spot where it originally was and where it should be.
I have a home in Jerusalem which you occupy, a home that will be liberated.
|“My home is in Zakariya”.|
Every part of Palestine is my home; every olive field is my sitting room, every hilltop is my balcony, every meadow is my playground, every stone is my chair, every bit of shadow beneath a fig tree is my bed. The land of Palestine is my ground, the sky over Palestine is my roof. All of Palestine is my home, my one and only home.
Don’t call me homeless, because I have a home and it’s called Palestine.
Don’t call me voiceless, because I have a voice even if you don’t want to listen.
My voice is my heart that beats every second to write in blood the name of my beloved Palestine. My voice is my eyes that see Palestine as it will always be; one from the river to the sea. My voice is my body that stands steadfast, only armed with a belief in a just cause, to face your bulldozer, your bombs, your tanks and your war planes. My voice is my hand that plants the lands you so savagely murder, that waters the olive and the fig tree that you so mercilessly massacre. My voice is my fingers that draw Palestine free of occupation and colonization.
|My voice is the children who cherish the keys to their homes,|
|Palestinian youths fly kites in Jerusalem by Damascus Gate.|
Don’t call me voiceless, because every cell of me screams: Palestine.
Don’t call me a terrorist, because you are the one terrorizing my family and my homeland.
|“a good Arab is a dead Arab”.|
|"Palestinians are an Invented People"|
- Don’t call me a terrorist because it is you who is the personification of terrorism.
- Don’t call me invented, because my roots in this land are as old as the land itself.
|Israeli best seller breaks national taboo |
"Idea of a Jewish people invented, says historian"
|Ana min Falasteen.|
- Don’t call me invented because Palestine is as old as time itself and “Israel” is the invented entity.
- Don’t call me Israeli Arab, because there is no such thing as an Israeli Arab.
You can force me to speak your language, but the land I walk on, the sky above me, the wind and the rain and the rainbow whisper my name: Palestinian. You can force me to write my name in your alphabet, but engraved in the rocks, drawn in the sky, printed in the leaves of trees is one word in Arab: Palestinian. You can force me to carry the ID card of your entity, but the blood that runs in my veins screams I am from Palestine, Ana min Falasteen. You can force my tongue to sing your invented anthem, but my heart will always sing Palestine. You can force my hand to write “Israel” on the map, but my eyes will only see Palestine. You can force me to study the invented history of your entity, but my mind will repeat the massacres you committed, the villages you erased, the on-going Nakba you are causing.
|Uri Avnery |
born: September 10, 1923, Beckum, Germany
immigration to Palestine: November 1933
member of the Irgun, 1938-1942
- Don’t call me Israeli Arab, because I am a Palestinian from Palestine.
- Don’t call me a Palestinian of the Palestinian Territories because it is called Palestine.
My home is not a “lets legitimize the Zionist racist colonization of Palestine and hope they accept us and allow us to live with them one day” tale for the sake of fame and a shoulder pat from “conditional-supporters”, while giving the Zionist usurpers a right to my land which they stole and continue to colonize… a right to my home which they destroyed and continue to destroy…. a right to my village which they ethnically cleansed and continue to do so to the rest of Palestine… a right to Palestine, the Palestine they raped and continue to rape for over 63 years, a rape they are proud of and celebrate very year while denying us even the tears and the memories and the names of the victims they massacred and the villages they erased.
My Palestine is the home that is mine since the dawn of history till the end of history. My Palestine is the home of my ancestors, the home between the Mediterranean and the Jordan River.
- Don’t call me a Palestinian of the Palestinian Territories, because I am a Palestinian from Palestine.
- Don’t call me a dreamer, because I refuse to surrender and I know that one day Palestine will be free.
- Don’t call me unrealistic, because I refuse to surrender and I know that one day Palestine will be free.
- Don’t call me crazy, because I refuse to surrender and I know that one day Palestine will be free.
Those who destroy the land, will never be part of the land. Those for whom the land is the parent, the sibling, the child, the friend and the entire existence will always be part of the land.
- Don’t act as if I don’t exist because I am here, and here I will stay, forever.
- Don’t call me anything but Palestinian because there is only one home for me; Palestine.
- Don’t call me anything but Palestinian because there is only one Palestine; from the River to the Sea.
- Don’t call me anything but Palestinian because that is what I am: a Palestinian from Palestine.
The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of this Blog!