Search This Blog


Wednesday, 11 May 2016

Yemen Army: Committed to Ceasefire, Missile Fired in Response to Saudi Breaches

Yemeni army stressed it was committed to ceasefire in the country, noting that the ballistic missile which was fired on Khamis Mushait military base was just a response to breaches carried out by the Saudi-led aggression.
Yemeni Army spokesman Brigadier General Sharaf Ghaleb Luqman Army  spokesman, Brigadier General Sharaf Ghaleb Luqman said the Yemeni army and the popular committees are still committed to the ceasefire announced earlier in April 10 despite all violations carried out by the Saudi-led aggression.
Since the truce started, the aggression staged 94 strikes, killing dozens of civilians, Luqman told Sabaa news agency.
“The Yemeni army and popular committees could not bear assaults by the Saudi-led coalition. It was necessary to respond to such assaults. so they fired a ballistic missile on Khamis Mushait military base,” the army spokesman said, noting that the missile is a simple response to the Saudi-led strikes.
“Once again we affirm our commitment to the UN-sponsored ceasefire,” Luqman said stressing that the army and the committees have the right to respond.
Yemen has been since March 26, 2015 under brutal aggression by Saudi-led coalition.
Thousands have been martyred and injured in the attack, with the vast majority of them are civilians.
Riyadh launched the attack on Yemen in a bid to restore power to fugitive Hadi who is a close ally to Saudi Arabia.
Source: Agencies
10-05-2016 – 09:40 Last updated 10-05-2016 – 09:40

Related Video

Related Articles
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian   
The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Blog!

No comments: