Wednesday 18 August 2010

We are not alone

By Nahida

We are not alone



We –Palestinians- are not alone

Best of humanity… on our side

 Mighty truth… Gracious morality… on our side
Justice, dignity, human values, radiant hope
 
 Are on our side



Soil, sand, and stones

Trees, poppies, lemon zest, and morning mist
 
Jerusalem sunshine and Jenin’s moonlight
Haifa’s Carmel and Jaffa’s shoreline
Are all on our side

We stand firm

As the stick of Moses

Splitting good and evil
Refusing to bow down



Our tragedy is a sieve

Filtering the wicked away


We all live and die…
Better die standing
Than to live crawling

Better to live with a wounded body
and a soul…whole
Than to live and die

with a disfigured soul
 
Weighed down by oppression

Bent by corruption

Inflated by arrogance

Twisted by greed


Intoxicated by power
Better die standing
With a soul…whole

*****************

Love, salutation, and gratitude
To all the great pure selfless souls on board Flotilla




I am a Jerusalem-born Palestinian refugee living in exile for over 42 years. I was forced to leave my homeland, Palestine at the age of seven during the six-day war. I am a mathematician by profession. I started writing about three years ago when my friends insisted I should write about my memories, experiences, and feelings as a Palestinian. I did… but it all came out -for some strange reason- sounding -as I am told- like poetry! So I self published two books (I Believe in Miracles, and Palestine, The True Story. Write to me at: nahidaexiledpalestinian@googlemail.com.

http://poetryforpalestine.spaces.live.com/
http://uprootedpalestinians.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Noor al Haqiqa said...

No, Sister, you are not alone. This isolation from humanity has been a horrible time for the Palestinian people for all too long.

I would beg forgiveness having lived in a country that, until just two years ago, I thought stood for all that is good and right on Earth. However, we are now named by Avignor Lieberman as Israel's best friend. Dear lord the shame of THAT.

Over the years, many like myself, have become aware of the crimes of your neighbour and been learning more and more about your country, the politics of the oppressors. Because of their press monopoly, they hid the truth of Palestine from us all.

Then Carlos Latuff got to me with his "We are all Palestinian" series because, in my heart, I knew this was where the world was going if the Talmudists got their way. Palestine has been the test project.

The Holocaust of Gaza last year was the beginning of the end for Israel's reputation among decent peoples everywhere. You know that people all around the world are gearing up for something big. To me, fighting for Palestine is huge because it is not only Palestine, it represents possibly all of mankind in the ancient struggle between good and evil.

I know in Palestine there are good guys and bad guys, but there is also a strong resilient good people who have, with patience and dignity, endured evils that would break so many others.

Palestinians will go down through history, if we survive long enough to HAVE a history, as legends in all that is right and just. Inspirational to a huge degree. The Jews brag of their Masada? We have Palestine.

In the process, as long and hard as it has been, Palestine has been fighting for its life. But the power of the media has been weakened by their own actions and attitudes.

People who are falling from the Zionist world of lies and seeing the truth, are changing and beginning to take up the torch of justice. They know that, until Palestine is righted, there will be no chance for any of us. No peace, no dreams, no life. We will all be Palestinians in the eyes of the oppressors.

It is a snowball effect. People from out there are beginning to see, learn, put themselves on the line for you, for all of us. The people of Palestine, not Hamas, the people have inspired the world. Let us pray we can do things right this time.

Now we just all get to work because for once, I feel a glimmer of hope. Smile. Thank you.

nahida -Exiled Palestinian said...

Dear Noor al Haqiqa

Thank you very much for your kind words and inspirational comment

Indeed, Palestine is the place where the ugly head of the NWO snake lies, but the rest of its body encircles the whole world

The sooner the people of the world wake up to this reality, the better

Palestine is called the Holy Land not for no reason!

Palestinians with their endurance, steadfastness, sacrifices and suffering are the spearhead of the battle of good against evil, justice against oppression, morality against savagery, selflessness and altruism against arrogance and ego-centrism

We welcome the world’s awaking with open arms, joyful hearts and gleeful smiles

Much missed reunion, much overdue.

As I was protesting one day a man came up to me expressing his support and admiration to the Palestinian people, I wrote the meaning of what he said in this poem.

Just a passer-by

He didn't even say his name
Just a passer-by
He wasn't after wealth or fame
Swiftly went the way he came
A heavenly fragrance, a gentle breeze
Soothing my suffering, pain and shame

His few kind words
Kissed better my sore, painful wounds
Caused by years of occupation...

"You, the Palestinian nation
The bravest of all, no exaggeration
Yours is the battle of every generation
Your sacrifice is beyond imagination
You're humanity's torch and inspiration"

I bowed my head down
In appreciation!!!

.

nahida -Exiled Palestinian said...

Btw, Hamas are neither a group of aliens nor an abstract concept

Hamas are none but Palestinians who chose to live by their faith

.

kenny said...

Nahida, I can't come close to your words and those of Noor's so I'll just say "thank you."