Thursday, 15 September 2011

Palestinian State and Israeli Hasbara

“Americans make false promises to the world, which, in their own desperate hopes the world accepts at face value. These promises never come true, as with the treaties with the Indians. Every single one was broken,” John Kaminski, an American writer, Sept.9, 2011.

The ‘world crisis’ scenario created by the Israel Hasbara (propaganda) Committee members , from Canada’s Prime Minister Stephen Harper to British Prime Minister David Cameron, have been advising the West Bank’s President Mahmoud Abbas, as ‘Friends of Palestinians’ - not to ask the UN General Assembly to recognize an independent Palestinian state on pre-1967 borders.
The Canadian daily Toronto Star, on Wednesday publish a similar Hasbara piece written by Shimon Fogel, CEO of the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affaires. In the article, Shimon claims: “Bid for UN statehood won’t bring peace”. Ironically, David Ben Gurion’s bid for UN statehood after his unilateral declaration of state of Israel in May 1948 – did bring war into the Muslim East.

We recognize that a Palestinian state existing alongside a Jewish state – two states for two peoples – is the best guarantor of peace and security for Israelis and Palestinians,” says Shimon.

Now, any rational person who have been following the statements and actions of the Israeli leaders – knows that that’s the last thing they want. What the Israeli leaders may agree with is – one state on 78% of Palestinian land for Jews only with conventional and nuclear-powered military – and the other, a land-locked state on the remaining 22% of Palestinian land for the native Muslim and Christian Palestinians with only police to defend them from Israel.

For the past 17 years, both sides have agreed that the only path to resolving their differences is through direct negotiations,” says Shimon. But Israeli leaders have always claimed that they don’t have no ‘Palestinian partner to negotiate’, not even US-puppet Mahmoud Abbas – and they don’t recognize the democratically government of Hamas anyway.

It’s important to remember that Israel’s withdrawal from the Sinai occurred in this (land for peace) framework through the 1979 Israel-Egypt peace agreement,” says Shimon. Israelis withdrew from Sinai on the condition that Egyptian Army will never enter Sinai and only Egyptian security personnel without tanks and and airforce will petrol the Israel-Sinai border – which has been maintained to this day.

Unfortunately, Israel’s efforts to reach a final accord with the Palestinians at the Camp David talks with Yasser Arafat in 2000 collapsed when Arafat refused offers for viable, contiguous Palestinian statehood. President Bill Clinton was blunt in blaming Arafat for missing “the opportunity to bring (a Palestinian) nation into being”, ” says Shimon. The fact is, Israeli killed the deal even before the ink got dried up. They continued building new illegal Jewish settlements and tried to blackmail Arafat to recognize Israel as a ‘Jewish state’ before the two parties get together for the next meeting. As for Bill Clnton is concerned – the poor chap was more concerned to avoid his impeachment on his sexual affair with Mossad ‘honey-pot’, Monica Lewinsky.

For more than two years, Israel’s repeated offers to return to the negotiations without precondition have been spurned by Abbas, with the exception of a one-month period following a summit convened by President Barack Obama,” says Shimon. In fact, during the last two year – the only thing Obama and Joe Biden received from Benji Netanyahu is – a couple of slaps on their Zionist faces.

Personally I agree with South Africa’s Muslim Mandela, Imam Achmad Cassiem, who advised Palestinians: “Don’t make maximum sacrifies for minimum gains – if you’re going to make maximum sacrifices demand maximum gains”.

Iran’s President Dr. Ahmadinejad in his 2011 International Al-Quds Day message called for a single Palestinian state based on pre-1948 borders.
“The oppressor powers were initially after stabilizing the Zionist regime at the entire land of Palestine, but they faced defeat in the process. Today they are tactically speaking of a two governments solution, and if the establishment of a Palestinian Government would be a step towards the liberation of the entire Palestine in the long run, the Islamic Republic of Iran welcomes this initiative,” he said.
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

No comments: