"We condemn in the strongest terms the rocket fire from Gaza by terrorists into southern Israel in recent days, which has dramatically and dangerously escalated in the past day."
"We call on those responsible to take immediate action to stop these cowardly acts. We regret the loss of life and injuries, and we call on both sides to make every effort to restore calm."
|The Road to Nowhere by Ismail Shammout 1930-2006. He was expelled from Lydda in 1948. The plight of the refugees is depicted in many of his most famous paintings.|
"Between ourselves, it must be clear that there is no room for both peoples together in this country. We shall not achieve our goal if the Arabs are in this small country. There is no other way than to (get rid of) all of them. Not one village, not one tribe should be left."
"We declare openly that the Arabs have no right to settle on even one centimeter of Eretz Israel....Force is all they do or ever will understand. We shall use the ultimate force until the Palestinians come crawling to us on all fours."
"We must expel the Arabs and take their place and if we have to use force, to guarantee our own right to settle in those places - then we have force at our disposal."
- settling Jewish agriculturists, artisans, and tradesmen in Palestine;
- gaining worldwide acceptance for a Jewish homeland.
- a liberal Jewish immigration policy;
- immediate provisional citizenship for Jews;
- easy Jewish land acquisition at the expense of indigenous Arabs;
- contiguous settlements to solidify a Jewish presence;
- employment for Jewish immigrants;
- favorable customs policies to develop Jewish commerce; and
- partiality toward Jews overall at the expense of indigenous Arabs.
- founded the Jewish Colonial Trust in 1899 to buy land in Palestine;
- the Anglo-Palestine (commercial) Bank and investments institute in 1902 within the Jewish Colonial Trust;
- in 1901, the Jewish National Fund was established to buy and develop land;
- in 1909, the Israel Land Development Company for the same purpose;
- the 1907-established Eretz Yisrael Bureau assisted the project; in 1921, the Zionist Executive in Eretz Yisrael replaced it;
- in 1920, the United Israel Appeal was founded to raise funds to finance welfare, health, education, and continued settlement projects;
- in 1929, the Jewish Agency for Eretz Yisrael was established to represent world Zionists in dealings with the British government in administering Palestine; Zionist leader Chaim Weizmann became Israel's first president in 1949;
- in 1942, the World Zionist Organization's official aim was for a "Jewish Community" in Palestine; the Biltmore Program said "Eretz Yisrael will be based as a Jewish (only) community, to be integrated into a new democratic world."
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian
The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of this Blog!