Tuesday 4 May 2010

Let me get this straight - updated

Thank you

  

Thank you

So, let me get this straight:
You tear my veil to free me
You jail me to rid me of my terror
You kill my beloved to liberate me
You shoot my baby to erase my misery
You starve me to show me how to vote
You threaten me to bring me to my senses
You wage war on me to help me find peace
You slay my people to teach me compassion
You humiliate me to aid me live with dignity
You insult me to illustrate freedom of speech
You crush my bones to save me from my evil
You demolish my home to elevate my morality
You torture my children to teach me how to love
You uproot my tree to raise my ethical standard
You steal my resources to bring me social justice
You assassinate my leaders to bring me democracy
You destroy my history to educate me about progress
You dehumanise me to coach me into humanity
You bomb my town to train me into security
You wipe me out to push me to civilisation
You scorn my faith to bring me salvation

Thank you sir
How can I -ever- pay you back?













March 31 1:26 AM
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

1 comment:

uprooted Palestinian said...

Thanks Mary for encouraging comment