Tuesday 10 May 2011

Daraa Mufti withdraws his resignation..says he resigned under pressure, threats

Champress


Damascus- Daraa Mufti, Sheikh Rizk Aba Zeid, said that he withdraws his resignation because he resigned under pressures and threats.

In an interview with the Syrian Satellite Channel on Monday, Sheikh Aba Zeid said "My family suffered a lot due to the threats of killing me…My son told me that five young men launched direct threats to him and me of killing saying "Either your father resign and join us or we will kill you and him".

The Mufti pointed out that the pressures and threats continued until he announced his resignation before Bilal Mosque in the public square at which I pray and make a religious speech, stressing that at this time Sheikh Atwa Aba Zeid told them "It is a religious, not a political job, so there is no need to resign, but they didn't respond… Then a young man, whom I have never seen before, phoned directly the Doha-based al-Jazeera Satellite Channel giving me Thuraya mobile and asking me to announce my resignation on air and so I did."

Sheikh Aba Zeid added that the young man proposed to give me the mobile because I resigned but I refused.

He denied giving any fatwa during the last period, affirming that such extremist fatwas of shedding blood have nothing to do with religion.

The Mufti saluted the martyrs and the army and armed forces, praising the decision of sending the army to Daraa and other Syrian towns for maintaining security and stability in these towns and for launching inspecting campaigns where there are armed groups targeting citizens, members of the army and security forces to undermine Syria's security and stability and sow sedition among the Syrians.

Sheikh Aba Zeid warned Syrian citizens inside Syria and abroad and the Arab Nation against risks of the conspiracy which is carried out step by step against Syria, stressing that it aims at dividing Syria and sowing sedition and sectarianism.

He asserted that the national unity and coexistence which Syria has been enjoying is an example to be followed by the Arab and Islamic worlds.

Tuesday 10-05-2011
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

No comments: