Sunday 9 January 2011

Maybe We can learn something ..

What could the all powerful OZ (Amerika) 
learn from a bunch of Egyptian Muslims ?

As I was going over a couple of articles I recently posted on my website, (Alaskaintelreport.com) the similarities of the dynamics in the stories struck me as I read them over again and considered them anew.

The 1st post referred to a story about a rowdy soccer fan who was 'subdued' by security forces on the field who then, in turn, became abusive and brutal after pinning him to the ground, they beat him repeatedly with clubs until finally irate soccer fans and team mates had had enough. Out of the stands and from the sidelines they poured on to the field punching and kicking the security people who were sent fleeing for their lives, and rescuing the over exuberant young man.

The 2nd post which I found personally even more remarkable, concerned thousands of Egyptian Muslims who along with Egyptians of all backgrounds found the attack on the Coptic Church (which many believe to be the work of 'outside intelligence agents' instigating local cutouts) to be so horrendous that they came together and on their Christmas Ceremony in Coptic Churches around Egypt thousands of Muslims surrounded the worshippers and joined them inside and outside their churches effectively guaranteeing the safety of their Christian brothers and sisters with their own lives !

Now, while at first blush, these might appear to be vastly different kinds of stories, I submit that there is a common thread that runs through both and it is quite simply that in both stories from half way around the world with different backgrounds and different cultures common men and women saw evil raise it's ugly head and they could not look away. They knew they must act and resist it. That did not surprise me. I have, in my 64 years seen brave men resist evil sometimes successfully and sometime not so much.

The part that I found so remarkable in both stories is that No One said .. "Look we need to get a plan here, or hey those cops have real guns, or yeah well suppose those terrorists decide to blow up the church I'm at !! Why should I die for them Christians ? I'm not even one of them !!

In both stories, in both cases, average men and women saw evil and said NO !!
NO .. We will not let you brutalize this person !
NO ..We will not let you murder and terrorize my family and my countrymen.
NO .. We will place our bodies between you and the innocent to stop you
NO.. We will surround your victims and you will have to go through us to get to them !

I have rarely in my 64 years seen such an elegant, dramatic, or powerful example of the kind of 'agape' love that Jesus preached about so much "That a man would lay down his life for his friend." then the story of those thousands of Muslims standing up and offering their lives to protect their Christian countrymen.

I couldn't help but wondering how many Christians would do the same if the shoe were on the other foot. How many Christians would cross the street (much less endanger their lives !) to help Muslims who were in trouble ! Damn few I fear. And if there are any Christians who really care about innocent Muslim families and children who are victims of genocide or torture they might want to address some of their resources to the Gaza Strip and those Palestinians who have had to soak up Israeli torture and murder there for the last 60 years.

Perhaps in both of these cases we as Americans need to take a good hard look in the mirror .. and see the truth as it is .. It's time to forget the .. "Yeah buts.." and the "But what ifs" ... and the "But suppose theys"  .... The time for all that crap is over. It's time to call evil just what it is ... EVIL ... And we must say NO
NO DAMMIT !  I will not support evil, I will not lay down and roll over for it anymore.
I may not defeat evil .. but I will no longer submit to it's lies .. (and then watch the bullies run !)

As far as I'm concerned ..
God Bless those soccer fans 
God Bless those brave Egyptian Muslims 
God Bless all the nameless men and women who stare down evil everyday
Maybe we can learn something from them.
Maybe we can learn what they already know.
That the first step is standing up and saying NO Dammit !! Enough !! No More of This !!

'Griz'
Posted by GrizzlyAdams at 2:20 PM
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

No comments: