Sunday 27 March 2011

Egyptian with American nationality confesses to receiving money in exchange for sending photos and videos from Syria


Damascus– The Syrian Television broadcast on Saturday preliminary confessions of non-Syrians of various nationalities who were arrested during the events taking place in a number of Syrian cities.

The television broadcast the confessions of an Egyptian with American nationality who works in Syria. He said that he visited Israel in secret and confessed to receiving money from abroad in exchange for sending photos and videos about Syria.

The Egyptian said that he received emails from abroad inquiring about the possibility of sending photos and videos about Syria. He received an email asking if he was prepared to assist a Spanish-speaking person from Columbia who communicated with him via email in preparation for a meeting and sending photos and videos.
He said that he was selected because he lived in Syria and carries a camera-equipped mobile phone and can benefit from this opportunity.

The Egyptian said "I have a US citizenship besides the Egyptian one …I visited Israel through Jordan. I went to Jerusalem and then back to Syria."

He pointed out that he went there in order to visit a friend in the West Bank, but he left him and went to Jerusalem and stayed in East Jerusalem, and then headed to West Jerusalem and returned again.

The Egyptian said that the photos should have been sent outside the country for a sum of money, adding that the offer was presented by the Colombian person. The price of each photo was 100 Egyptian Pounds while the price of a video had not been identified then, but its price must have been higher.

The Egyptian man added that he was in touch with the Colombian through some other person whom he knew in Cairo. He sent him an email saying if he should contact with the Colombian, his email is available.
"When I was on the Israeli crossing, they asked me where I am from and where I had been before that…I replied that I was in Syria… They asked me a lot of questions for about four hours. In the end, when I entered, using the US passport they asked me whether I would like to have my passport stamped or not. I said I prefer that you do not stamp it in order for me to come back to Syria," The Egyptian added.

River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

1 comment:

Extremisms_extremity said...

Wow, that is crazy thanks for posting this.

I bet anything that whoever received this videos but soundtracks on them of gunfire, bullets, tanks and people screaming because many of the videos from Libya and Syria are just random events with really alarming soundtracks that don't match