Tuesday 5 October 2010

Two Jordanians tortured in Egyptian jails for assisting Gaza

[ 05/10/2010 - 10:53 AM ]

PIC)-- Relatives of two Jordanian men in Egyptian detention appealed to the Jordanian Foreign Ministry to take immediate action for their release, saying they suffer from tough conditions and have undergone various forms of torture.

The Jordanian weekly Assabeel newspaper quoted the families of detainees Mohammed Hisham Abu Ghazala and Jum’ah Abdullah Al-Tahla as saying that Egyptian authorities have not set a date for their release despite their term ending and several decisions to release them.

Egyptian security forces arrested Abu Ghazala more than three years ago at a checkpoint in El Arish while he was en route to the Gaza Strip. Tahla was arrested a year and a half back over his contribution to Gaza Strip reconstruction committees after the last Israeli war in 2008.

The families confirmed that the detainees have sustained physical and psychological torture while in detention and have been denied family visits.

Sons of Tahla said violent investigations against their father focused on the whereabouts of captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit.

River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

2 comments:

Mark said...

Excellent blog.

Fancy the content I have seen so far and I am your regular reader of your blog.

I follow your blog and I like your way of posting.

I am very much interested in adding http://uprootedpalestinians.blogspot.com/ in my blog http://the-american-history.blogspot.com/.

I am pleased to see my blog in your blog list.

I would like to know whether you are interested in adding my blog in your blog list.

Hope to see a positive reply.

Thanks for visiting my blog as well !

Waiting for your reply friend !!!!!

uprooted Palestinian said...

Dear alfred

Thanks for your complent, and linking UP to your site. I added your site to my blog list, hoping to consider that the American history is not just the history of some famous americans.