Saturday, 25 September 2010

Dozens injured in clashes during weekly marches in Ramallah, Bethlehem

[ 25/09/2010 - 07:40 AM ]

RAMALLAH, (PIC)-- Dozens of protesters in weekly marches against the wall and settlement activity in Ramallah and Bethlehem were injured Friday amid clashes with Israeli occupation forces (IOF).

Bethlehem’s Popular Committee against the Wall and Settlement Activity media spokesman Mohammed Berjaya in a press statement said activists began marching in the village of al-Ma’sara, Bethlehem, early afternoon and headed out towards territories affected by the wall.

IOF soldiers stopped the marchers from progressing and fired stun grenades and toxic gas at them. Dozens of marchers sustained breathing difficulties and were left unconscious after inhaling gas.

In the same context, the anti-wall and settlement committee said four Palestinians, including two media reporters, were injured during clashes that erupted Friday at noon in the town of Bil’in, Ramallah. Dozens also sustained breathing difficulties when Israeli forces fired rubber bullets, stun grenades, and tear gas at marchers.

The injured were identified as photographer Iyad Jadallah, 25, Ashraf al-Khatib, 30, who was wounded in his leg, photographer Haytham al-Khatib, 34, who was wounded in the chest, and Samir Barnat, 32, who was wounded in the foot.

In a separate incident, thousands of Palestinians in occupied Jerusalem flooded roads along Jerusalem’s Old City after Israeli authorities passed a decision to shut off the Aqsa Mosque for anyone below the age of 50.

IOF troops shut down several of the mosque’s gates and posted checkpoints at the other gates into the mosque and Jerusalem’s Old City to check the IDs of visitors in an attempt to deny access to worshippers under 50 years of age.
Palestinian baby killed due to inhaling teargas

[ 24/09/2010 - 09:59 PM ]

Palestinian children trying to avoid breathing teargas fired by the IOF

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)-- A Palestinian child died at hospital on Friday evening as a result of teargas inhalation in the northern Jerusalem suburb of Eisaweyyah.

A source in Jerusalem informed the PIC correspondent that 12-month-old Muhammad Abu Sneimah was taken to hospital after suffering breathing difficulties as a result of inhaling teargas fired extensively by IOF troops that raided Eisaweyyah on Thursday evening.

There were confrontations between local youth and IOF troops who raided the Eisaweyyah suburb on Thursday evening and the IOF troops fired rubber-coated and live bullets as well as teargas canisters at the Palestinian youth.

Local sources said there were more confrontations Friday evening as the news of the death of the Palestinian baby broke out.

Protests broke out in Jerusalem after extremist Jewish settlers killed a Palestinian youth on Wednesday morning and the murderer was set free in the evening.

River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

No comments: